Saturday, May 6, 2017

All Our Bags Are Packed....

We're ready to go!  Riya is settling in at Grandma and Grandpa's.  One more sleep until we head off for Detroit and 2 more sleeps until we fly to Californ-I-A!!!  I am so looking forward to the sun and palm trees....  It feels like this vacation has been a long time coming but that's likely mostly because Robert and I seem to usually travel in January or February so it's been quite a few years since I've waited until May to take a nice, long vacation. It's well deserved!

The reason we're actually going to California is for Robert's cousin's daughter's baptism.  Did you follow that relationship?  Robert's aunt and uncle live in Long Beach and their granddaughter is being baptized next weekend.  I've never met Robert's cousins and none of that family have ever met our kids so it should be fun.  We decided if we were going all the way there, however, that we should make a real vacation out of it.

Hence, it was suggested that I could resume the blog I'd written during our trip to the Philippines 4 years ago and Florida 3 years ago.  You want it, you got it!


Do you think all our bags will fit?  I should mention that there are 7 of us - Robert's parents and sister are joining us since it is Cora's sister and all who we are visiting.  5 more aunts and uncles from the Philippines are going to be visiting while we are there as well so there will be loads of family and lots of fun.

I better get to sleep, though, or tomorrow will either never come or come before I'm ready.  Robert just messaged that he wanted to leave at 5 a.m. tomorrow but I think he was joking.  I hope he was, anyways....

No comments:

Post a Comment