Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Christmas at Sea

Somehow, we have reached the last 2 sea days of our vacation. The time has flown by and we have to return to real life soon...I am not sure how I feel about that.

The day started as most have with breakfast at the buffet since I wasn't up early enough for the dining room. Although today's was more because my brother messaged that they were going but then didn't reply to my responses so I wasn't sure whether I missed them or not.

After breakfast, we decided to explore areas of the ship we haven't seen yet, finding the adults only pool and the mini golf course. I feel like whoever designed the course had some difficulty with basic math skills though as the 9 hole course was actually only 8 holes; it appeared as though hole 6 was missing (may have been hole 5 as holes 1-4 and 7-9 had number flags and one hole was flag/number-less). I am not sure who won but I managed to get a hole in one!





My mom braved the Sea Walk.





We then hung out in the pool for a while as it was a hot, sunny day. After lunch, I headed back to the room to do a load of laundry as one of my kids had run out of unmentionables.

Mid-afternoon, we met in my parents' room to celebrate Christmas. We had agreed on stocking stuffers only as this trip and the associated excursions and expenses were the big gifts. Even so, we all ended up spoiled with some pretty special gifts. Danica had made us Memory Bears out of clothes my Grandmother and Aunt Lorraine wore. Duncan picked out a pair of earrings for me at the market we visited in Fort Lauderdale. Chris and Renee gave me a beautiful toque from Ireland. My 
parents had a fantastic photo of the kids and I engraved onto a Christmas ornament. Plus there were other pieces of jewelry, chocolates, and the like.




Dinner was yummy as usual. After dinner, we stopped to purchase our duty free on our way to the Princess LIVE for the Generation Frustration Game Show. After that, we headed to the theatre for the Spotlight Bar show.






Somewhere in our travels we lost my Dad, so after the show we had to find him. We then just went to the Piazza for a few minutes to listen to music and dance before heading to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment