Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Officially Vacation

This morning we boarded the Enchanted Princess and our vacation has officially begun. The ship is beautiful and festive. We have heard great things about the staff, food and entertainment from our neighbour across the hall as they did another itinerary on this ship last week.









The day was fairly uneventful. We wandered a bit, hit up the buffet for lunch, hung out in the pool. Our matching t-shirts (or as Duncan so fondly refers to "the embarrassing white people vacation get-up) drew some attention and when combined with Chris' beard ornaments and effervescent charisma, ensured that he has already met half the ship.  




As we set sail, the captain blew the ship's horn to the tune of The Love Boat. Anything that gives me the opportunity to sing along, especially to an unexpected song I haven't heard in ages, always bumps things up a notch in my book!

Seeing as I had woken up at 430 am (due to excitement and anticipation or Danica beating me and yelling at me in her sleep, I'm not sure), the evening found me rather tired. While Chris and Renee watched the Packers game in the Vista Lounge with my dad and the kids built a fort in our cabin with the extra ladder and blankets while Duncan managed his sea sickness, my mom and I decorated the little tree she brought for their cabin and had an early night so we would be bright and cheery for the Bahamas tomorrow!























No comments:

Post a Comment