Tuesday, April 3, 2018

'Twas the Night Before Departure...

'Twas the Night Before Departure and all through the house....Pam is running around like a maniac, trying to complete all the things left on the to-do list while also wanting to take the dog for a walk, pack up the airplane ziploc of toiletries, sort the wallet and otherwise just make sure we haven't forgotten anything.  Which reminds me - packing our passports would be a fantastic idea!  Good thing we are leaving from Michigan so we would know pretty close to home whether we forgot them or not.  

The To-Do List:
- repack the carry-on to include a change of clothes in case of lost luggage (the forbidden gifts were transferred into the suitcase)
- make muffins to use up the ripe bananas and buttermilk - this got canned as we used up all the eggs for Easter Egg decorating
- pick up the money (the Euros were purchased in branch last week but the Hungarian money had to be ordered and is supposed to arrive by 930 am tomorrow - fingers crossed it arrives on time as we are leaving at 10ish)
- mail parcel to Kana (it was supposed to get to her in the Fall but has been sitting in my closet and then in my car for far too many months) 
- pack chargers for phone, e-reader, camera, and voltage converter
- clean my room and change the sheets (there is still time, right?)
- sweep and mop the upstairs bedrooms, hallway and bathroom (again, there is still time?)
- clean the front hall (oopsie - am I running out of time?)
- kids' suitcases, documents, letters, etc. to Mom and Dad's house (with the exception of the birthday gift for Danica's friend, rubber boots, running shoes, raincoats and splash pants, and Danica's Y card, I believe this was done last night)
- pay the bills for April - finito!
- clean out the fridge (we actually did a pretty good job of eating everything Robert's family is unlikely to eat while we're away; they assure me they will eat the spinach and kale so I don't have to freeze it in baggies for smoothies or muffins)

Notice what wasn't on the list - writing a last minute blog post!  One of my strengths - my procrastination!  I am the best procrastinator on the planet - just ask my mom!

Anyways, I think I have things under control....And what's the worst that can happen if I don't get our floors mopped and our bedroom clean before we leave, other than the dust bunnies taking over and all?  

Having said that, of course, I should get my butt in gear so that I at least get the imperative things finished before I need to head to bed (I actually have to report to work in the morning for 2 hours....lucky Robert has the whole day off).  Hope everyone has a great month!  I will try to keep up with the trip updates and adventures when I have time and wi-fi....

Are you ready for us, Tanya and Markus?!?!?!


3 comments: