Thursday, December 22, 2022

Scooters in St Thomas

Today we arrived in St. Thomas, USVI. It was a beautiful, hot and sunny day. My apologies to those of you in Canada who are currently experiencing the weather bomb/storm of the century; I am really not trying to rub it in but am thankful that we elected to travel this year.

We started the morning with a stroll around the port area. Since I am not in the market for diamonds and expensive jewelry, I didn't make any purchases but Danica made a couple. 








The highlight of our day was the BOSS underwater scooter and snorkel tour we went on in the afternoon. It was so much fun and we saw so many fish, including what Renee and I are sure was a reef shark. We were happy that we ended up in the first group of 12 into the water as it ensured we had the full exploration time plus loads of time to snorkel after while the two other groups went. We also feel that watching the other groups get into the scooters would have stressed us out as 16 people out of a group of 22 were non-swimmers and didn't do a great job of listening to the captain give clear instructions and a safety briefing.  The divers certainly worked hard today!

Renee, however, was a good listener so became the Captain's confidante.  











We went back to our regular dining room for dinner tonight but had different wait staff and they were lots of fun.  I think the kids only had 2 desserts today but Duncan did accept the second serving of salmon he was offered.

After dinner, Chris, Renee and I attended another line dancing class.  You would think that I would be better at the dances I learned yesterday but not do much.  I was better at turning the right direction but I still messed up the steps.  It was fun anyway. 



We then played the Majority Rules game show which was PG-16 for a reason.   Some of the responses were rather racy and lots of laughs were had.  Danica came down to participate in another music trivia (original or cover) game so I stuck with her while Chris and Renee went to see tonight's show.  We didn't win either game tonight either but we still had fun.



We missed the gingerbread house building competition but clearly our skills were much surpassed...

Our steel drum instructor, Aimran, is crazy talented.  Wowzers.

Tomorrow we are in Antigua.   I wonder what it will hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment