Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Sea Days and Steel Drums

Today was our first sea day. The time changed last night and we lost an hour but luckily we were able to sleep in and relax today. We woke up to blue skies and sunshine which are always good things.

Chris, Renee and I started with a late breakfast at the buffet. Afterwards, I allowed them to talk me into taking the line dancing class in the Piazza. Apparently knowing your left and right, counting to 4 or 8 and remembering routines are necessary skills to being a successful line dancer. I thought at this point in my life I had at least the first 2 skills down. I may have been mistaken. At some point, my 1/4 turns turned into 1/2 turns and my lefts and rights got messed up, resulting in my bumping into some poor, unsuspecting soul. In a later dance, I very confidently messed up the steps completely and the instructor caught me, pointed at me and the two of us broke into uncontrollable giggles. We worked up a good sweat anyways.

Next up, we wandered to the Princess Live lounge to learn how to play the steel drums. To be good at this, you should know the alphabet, have some sense of rhythm and remember the right notes in the right order. We learned The Banana Song and Jingle Bells. It was a lot of fun but not sure I will be getting offers to cut a steel drum album any time soon.




The afternoon was spent in the sun in the pool. It wasn't nearly as warm in the pool as it was the other day, but it was still lovely and refreshing.  

Tonight was our first formal night. We got all spiffy and headed to Santorini's for our dinner, where Danica decided she prefers crepes Suzette to crepes Juliet. Duncan ordered 3 desserts once again and some of the rest of us may or may not have tried 2.




The Princess Theatre was home to the production show Rock Opera tonight which we enjoyed while sipping on free champagne or mimosas. We attempted to go check out the comedian next but found ourselves in the wrong place and ended up playing a fun music trivia game instead. In the excitement of the game, my competitiveness took over and I ended up sacrificing my lipstick for the good of our team. For that particular question, we had to have a man wearing lipstick run up to answer the question. His wife's gloss was clear so I handed him mine and he applied it, rather poorly, while running onto the stage, ending up with it hanging from his beard. It was all worth it though as our team won! We then didn't fare so well in the Christmas Jeopardy, particularly in the History and Geography categories. The kids were then totally embarrassed by me when I called out a Bongo during Music Trivia Bingo. I got too excited again and even though I was singing Johnny Be Good, I marked off Bo Diddley as in my head it said Johnny Be Good. I thought Duncan was actually going to abandon me...





And now we're in bed but one of the kids is awaiting their latest Room Service order, which is their latest obsession.

The next 5 days bring us into 5 different ports so many more adventures await.
















No comments:

Post a Comment